Go to Wendy Smith's new blog about giving!

Monday, October 19, 2009

Countdown to Book Release

It just hit me this moment - my book, Give a Little: How Your Small Donations Can Transform Our World, will be out in bookstores in just two weeks!

This project has taken 4 years from conception to reality. It started as an observation: I couldn't believe how much charitable giving comes from average households every year! Three times foundations and corporations combined.

It was fueled by stories of those surviving with nothing (like those on the bridge below); stories of social entrepreneurs with a new idea who wouldn't be deterred; stories of the generosity of everyday folks.

It was fueled by my desire to start a Give a Little Movement. Imagine millions of American households making 1 or 2 additional, affordable donations every year. The potential for these donations to truly change the world is astounding.

Read Give a Little. It shows you exactly how a small donation transforms lives and makes a better world.

Tell me what inspires you. Tell me about your small donations.

I look forward to hearing from you. You can send comments on the Contact page of my website www.givealittlenow.com